The Serpentine Galleries are one of London’s most popular art galleries, showing modern and contemporary art.
Platform3 worked in close collaboration with Unthinkable and designer Alan Woo to develop a new website for this prestigious public gallery. serpentinegalleries.org is our most recent large commission. Built in 2014 the Serpentine Galleries’ website is fully responsive and employs sophisticated asynchronous loading, a variety of jquery libraries and the Serpentine's very own custom font. Features include:
- Drupal 7
- Online shop with integration with BrightPearl e-POS and paypal
- Responsive design for mobile tablet and desktop
- Image led, cutting edge design implementation
- Artists' Platform to enable ongoing digital commissions/artist’s interventions in website
- Continuous exhibitions and events time line present to 1970
- Implementation of faceted search engine Solr
- Varnish caching server to boost page load time.