Search engine optimisation
Search engine optimisation is achieved through best practice in design and build of websites:
- well chosen page titles
- attention to other useful meta tags
- meaningful page descriptions
- shortened URLS (for bookmarking)
- well-formed, syntactically correct HTML and valid CSS
- carefully chosen headers employing keywords/search terms
- well written content which includes keywords/search terms
- descriptive ‘alt’ texts for images
- fostering reciprocal links with appropriate organisations
- encouraging linking to other sites within the content of your site
- submission of pages to search engines.
When designing and developing websites we employ all of the above to ensure that the site will be well ranked by search engines. As part of our standard service we will provide you with guidelines for the development of your content and make suggestions when we feel that our experience could assist.
If search engine ranking is of optimum importance to a client and the online competition for their service is fierce we can offer a more detailed, full editorial and optimisation service.